. Dr. Bill Marchetti Vitale has sold his beloved SF260. He is now in the throes of SF260 withdraw. I even offered him one of my two SF260s to keep in his hangar but he thought that this was too great a responsibility and refused the offer. Let us have a moment of silent prayer for Bill and hope that he comes back to the fold.
Here is a note from my berieved friend.
Thank you so much, Dudley, for your usual kind thoughtfulness.

Some further notes on the "Memorial".
Bill found that the logistics of maintaining 2 airplanes in 2 states had become entirely too time-consuming. His wife, Maria, opted for their pristine Piper Dakota for their frequent commutes from Spruce Creek Fly-In to their home in Maryland. She seems to prefer luxuriating in the comfort of well-worn sheep skin while working on her New York Times crossword puzzles.

N15KP was acquired by a retired airline captain, Gary Hertzberg, who also lives in The Fly-In. Bill describes Gary as a very accomplished and fastidious private pilot who will surely take good care for his beloved 15KP.

We have been assured that Bill plans to remain active in the affairs of our Marchetti Owners Association and his sage advice will continue to be most welcome and appreciated. (After all, they don't call Bill "Dr. Marchetti" for nothing!) He is looking forward to flying in the Sun 60 Air Race with our own Dudley Fort at Sun'nFun in April. Be sure to say hey to Bill on the flight line.


Kindest regards,

Bill, here is the first shot of N15KP that I ever saw. It was on the front of Trade A Plane.

Editor's Note: Bill lived at Spruce Creek Airport and called one day to say that he had found the ultimate SF260 mechanic. He was located on the field and had Bill's ship in his shop. A month later I stopped by and saw Bill's plane still sitting in the FBO hangar. The tires were flat and the plane showed signs of neglect. I do not know why no work had been done on the plane but Bill's to do list was on the dash in plain sight. None of the items had been checked off. Bill told me that he could not go in the hangar and would be called when the plane was out of annual.